The doors of success have been closed upon the creation because of six things:
1. Their busying themselves with the blessings of Allah instead of thanking Allah for them.
2. Their desire for knowledge while they abandon actions.
3. The hastiness to sin and delaying repentance.
4. The deception of having righteous companions and not taking them as examples.
5. The turning away of the dunya from them while they chase it.
6. The approach of the afterlife towards them while they turn away from it.
Source: Al-Fawaa’id by Ibn Qayyim: Page 161
Hayley Williams for Bust Magazine